We anticipate offering campus tours during the fall semester. In the meantime, we invite you to explore our web resources for admissions and our professional master's programs. We also encourage you to join our mailing list if you haven't already.
The Nicholas School of the Environment is a vaccinated community, and the health and safety of our community and those who visit is our top priority. As such, all students, staff, faculty, guests and campus visitors are required to be fully vaccinated, including the COVID-19 booster shot, and to wear a mask while inside our facilities.
Please read the full NSOE COVID-19 Admissions Visitor Protocols below prior to scheduling your visit.
It is important to note that campus visits are not required for admission to the Nicholas School, nor will they impact our review of your application.
All Nicholas School students, staff, faculty, guests and campus visitors are required to be fully vaccinated, including the COVID-19 booster shot, and to wear a mask while inside our facilities, as well as comply with all Duke COVID safety requirements at the time of your visit.
For those wishing to participate in an on-campus Nicholas School admissions visit and/or tour, you will need to attest to your compliance with our NSOE COVID-19 Admissions Visitor Protocols prior to your visit, and to provide proof of full vaccination, including the COVID-19 booster shot, upon arrival. International visitors must also adhere to any international or regional travel restrictions.
- All campus visitors for admissions events must be fully vaccinated to enter the Nicholas School of the Environment. “Fully vaccinated” means that you completed your vaccine regimen at least 2 weeks before arrival on Duke's campus and have received the COVID-19 booster shot. Visitors must be vaccinated with a vaccine currently approved by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- You will be asked to show one of the following items upon arrival on campus as proof of vaccination:
- Your vaccination card with the name of the manufacturer of the shot, the lot number of the vaccine, the expiration date of the vaccine, dates when the shot(s) were given, the location. The COVID-19 booster shot must also be documented on your vaccination card.
- A picture of the front and back of your vaccination card showing the same information listed above.
- All visitors are required to wear a face covering inside Duke's buildings at all times, except when actively eating.
- Visitors who have had a positive test for COVID-19 within 14 days of their visit and/or who are currently awaiting results of a COVID-19 test or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be able to meet with us in person.
- Visitors must agree that if they have a positive COVID-19 test within 14 days before or after their visit to campus, they will immediately inform an Admissions staff member by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 919-613-8070.
- These requirements are subject to change should further adjustments be warranted in response to campus, local and national conditions.
If you meet the vaccination requirements and agree to follow the NSOE COVID-19 Admissions Visitors Protocols as outlined above, you may proceed to schedule your visit.
If you do not meet the vaccination requirements and/or are not willing or able to abide by the NSOE COVID-19 Admissions Visitor Protocols, please connect with us through one of our many virtual events, and/or contact us at email@example.com.