I am a dedicated naturalist, ecologist, and environmental educator with a passion for writing. As a Senior Lecturer in the Nicholas School of the Environment at Duke University, my courses emphasize natural history and environmental education & communication. I am also the Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for the Nicholas School of the Environment and the former Director of NSOE Undergraduate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (check out “How to Create a Culturally Inclusive Syllabus & Course“), Director of the Environmental Science Summer Program at Duke, and founding and former Director of the NSOE Communications Studio.
School DivisionEnvironmental Sciences & Policy
- Ph.D., Duke University (2008)
- ( ):
- Climate Change Ecology 2, ( ):
- Conservation Biology : the Journal of the Society for Conservation Biology 35, no. 2 ( ): 654 - 665
- Environmental Education Research 26, no. 2 ( ): 171 - 188
- Environmental Education Research 24, no. 6 ( ): 889 - 898