Dr. Orbach has performed research and has been involved in coastal and marine policy on all coasts of the U.S. and in Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, Alaska and the Pacific, and has published widely on social science and policy in coastal and marine environments. He has worked as a Cultural Anthropologist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and has held several Governor's appointments to environmental Boards and Commissions as well as appointments to National Academy of Sciences Boards and Committees. He has been the President of The Coastal Society, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Surfrider Foundation, and a member of the Board of Directors of the Ocean Conservancy.
School DivisionMarine Science & Conservation Marine Lab
- Nature Geoscience 9, no. 10 ( ): 730
- Coastal Management 43, no. 2 ( ): 105 - 121
- Coastal Management 43, no. 2 ( ): 138 - 154
- Coastal Management 43, no. 2 ( ): 155 - 171
- Coastal Management 43, no. 2 ( ): 189 - 216